Terms & Conditions
Details and Rules of “Win an Eco Garden Room” Raffle
Entries can be made online at ogonnelloegaa.com
News about the raffle will be updated though our social media channels on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram,and through our website ogonnelloegaa.com
You can also contact us via Email at Secretary.email@example.com
Terms and Conditions
1. The Terms and Conditions herein set out are at all times governed by the Laws of the Republic of Ireland.
2. The promoter of this Raffle is Ogonnelloe Hurling Club, Ogonnelloe, Co. Clare (also referred to as “the Club”)
3. The charitable purpose of the Raffle is to raise funds for the purpose of developing an Indoor AstroTurf Centre and associated garden facilities for the Club and its beneficiaries. All proceeds will only be used for that purpose (incl. costs associated with the organisation and running of this Raffle) and the organisers of the Raffle shall not derive any personal profit from the Raffle.
4. The primary beneficiaries of this development are Ogonnelloe Hurling Club, Scariff Ogonnelloe Camogie Club, Ogonnelloe National School and The Ogonnelloe Exchange (representing the wider Community)
5. The Prize is, as stated, an Èco Garden Room supplied by Loghouse.ie with the following specification:
- Size - 4.2m x 3.4m
- EPS Insulated
- Laminate flooring
- Windows & doors - Grey UPVC Double
- External Cladding - Thermo Wood
- The total value of the Prize is €18,500.
- Value of the Garden Room is €12,500
- Value of €1,000 towards costs associated with the delivery & installation of the Garden Room.
- Value of €5,000 Prize Money.
- Ogonnelloe Hurling Club will not be liable for any other costs associated with the delivery, installation or fit-out of the Garden Room including electrical connection.
- A cash prize alternative totaling €14,000 may be chosen by the Winner should they wish or if he/she is based outside of the island of Ireland.
- Full information available at Loghouse 4.2m x 3.4m ECO GARDEN ROOM - 2021 Stock
- Pictures used are stock photographs from the loghouse.ie website for promotional purposes only.
- Winner can consult with Loghouse if they wish to change specification of Garden Room. The Club will have no part in these consultations once Raffle is over.
- The lead-time for installation of the Garden Room is currently 16 weeks from the order date but this is subject to change depending on supplier capacity. Ogonnelloe Hurling Club has no interest or say in the manufacturing, delivery and installation schedule.
- The photograph of the Garden Room prize is for illustration purposes only. The winner of the raffle shall agree the fit out and finish of the Garden Room as provided for in the relevant contracts for sale with the supplier, without recourse to the Club.
- The Club does not warrant nor confirm the state and condition of the Garden Room in anyway. The Club nor any of its servants, agents, licensees, trustees, directors, committee participants or the organisers of the Raffle shall not in any circumstances be liable for any loss, damage, inconvenience or expense suffered by the Winner in relation to the state, condition, repair or construction of the Garden Room.
6. By purchasing a ticket, the purchaser thereby agrees to be bound by the Rules and the Terms and Conditions.
7. The Draw is open to the general public aged 18 years and over only. Any tickets purchased by persons under the age of 18 years shall be declared null and void and shall not be included nor deemed to be included in the Raffle. Any such winning entry of the Raffle Draw will be declared invalid, and another ticket will be drawn in its place.
8. An adult may buy a ticket or tickets in Trust as a gift for someone under 18 Years.
9. The executive officers of Ogonnelloe Hurling Club and raffle organising committee may not purchase tickets. Family members of said organisers and executive officers may participate in the raffle.
10. A maximum of 5000 (Five Thousand) tickets are available to purchase. A “ticket bar” on the website will display the number of tickets sold at a given time. Raffle Entry will close on 31 st August OR once 5000 tickets are sold.
11. In order to safeguard against the Club incurring losses the following rules apply:
a. If less than 1,500 tickets are sold, the raffle prize will be a cash prize worth 50% of ticket income up to a maximum of €10,000.
b. If more than 1,500 tickets are sold, the raffle prize will be the Eco Garden Room along with €5,000 prize money OR the cash alternative mentioned in Point 5 of this page.
12. The Raffle Draw will be held by Ogonnelloe Hurling Club within 10 days of the closing date. All participants shall be entitled to witness the draw, via live stream. Details will be announced publicly on ogonnelloegaa.com and/or Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram closer to the time.
13. The Winner will be announced publicly on ogonnelloegaa.com and/or Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram and will be contacted by the Club following the raffle draw.
14. The Winner may be subject to identity verification by the Club and this process may take up to 14 days to complete.
15. If the Winner cannot be contacted via one of the above means of communication or does not claim their prize within 21 days of the notification of same the Club reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the Winner and select a replacement Winner.
16. The Raffle will be implemented & conducted by the Club. The Preparation of entries for the final draw will be independently observed by the independent adjudicator. The independent adjudicator will be appointed by the Club Chairperson. The Club will maintain books and records recording all
entries into the raffle and all costs relating to the raffle. The books and records will be audited by the independent adjudicator within 14 days of the draw taking place. The identity of the adjudicator will be notified to all participants on our website not less than 14 days in advance of the date of the draw.
17. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR):
a. The Club will retain and use the ticket purchaser’s personal data for the duration of the raffle
and for a 3-month period thereafter for auditing and verification reasons.
b. On purchasing a ticket or tickets, each purchaser agrees to the use of his or her details being
used solely in connection with this Raffle. No personal data of any kind will not be disclosed
to a Third Party without the Member’s consent.
c. The Winner hereby agrees and consents to the use of his or her personal data and/or image
being released in publicity material in conjunction with the Raffle.
d. The Winner hereby also agrees and consents to his or her personal data being released to
relevant third parties to affect the transfer of the prize to him or her.
18. Once purchased no refunds will be issued except in the event of cancellation of the draw.
19. Ogonnelloe Hurling Club reserves the right to cancel the Draw/Raffle and if for any reason the Draw shall not proceed, participants who purchased tickets will be refunded the sum of not more than 90% of the purchased price (the balance of the draw funds being retained by Ogonnelloe Hurling Club to defray expenses incurred in the running of the draw; the purchase of a ticket shall be deemed to be a consent to this retention) and Ogonnelloe Hurling Club shall not be liable in respect of such cancellation save to the extent of the refund.
20. The Club reserve the right to change the date of the draw due to any unforeseen circumstances.
21. The Club reserves the right to cancel the Raffle and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or
regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the Raffle will be advertised as soon possible by The Club publicly via the website and/or Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram.
22. The Club reserves the right at all times to amend the Raffle and the Terms and Conditions herein set out and in purchasing a ticket the participant consents and agrees to be bound by the said amendments. The cancellation or any change to the Raffle or these Terms and Conditions will be notified to the Participants as soon as possible publicly via the website and/or Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram.
23. All disputes, differences and questions of any nature which at any time may arise between the purchaser of a ticket and the organisers of the Club’s raffle shall be referred to an independent
arbitrator to be nominated by the Chairman of the Club to determine the dispute, differences or issues.
24. Errors and Omissions Excepted. The Club its servants, agents, licensees, trustees, directors, committee participants or the organisers of the Raffle accepts no responsibility whatsoever whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission, interception
or communications failure, for unreceived, late, missing, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected claims or entries.
25. The Club reserves the right to add additional prizes to the Raffle. The addition of any such prizes will be notified to participants as soon as practicable once added to the Raffle via ogonnelloegaa.com and/or Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram.
26. Neither the Club nor any of its servants, agents, licensees, trustees, directors, committee participants nor the organisers of the Raffle of whatsoever nature or howsoever appointed shall be liable to the Participants for any loss, inconvenience, damage or expense suffered by participating in
27. The Club shall not in any circumstances be liable for any loss suffered due to any issues in the manufacturing, delivery, installation and fit out of the Garden Room and neither Ogonnelloe Hurling Club or any member of the Committee of the Club shall have any liability to the winner of the Raffle.
28. The Club shall not be liable for any failure in the performance of any of its obligations if caused by factors outside its control.
29. Ogonnelloe Hurling club is established and conducted for no purpose connected with gaming, wagering or lotteries.
30. After the draw has taken place and the Winner has been announced, the club will have no direct or indirect financial interest in the prize and will not have an ongoing say in the delivery and installation of the prize.
31. The Club decision in respect of all matters to do with the raffle will be final and no correspondence will be entered into in respect of the raffle or the raffle result.